A HERITAGE HOME SET IN MAGNIFICENT SURROUNDINGS IN THE BREEDE VALLEY NEAR WORCESTER.
SUITABLE FOR USE AS A RESIDENTIAL ESTATE, GUEST HOUSE OR RURAL RETREAT.
This property is being sold through Meyer de Waal Attorneys.
This is a Sole Mandate but we are happy to work with the local agents in the area.
Property price is negotiable, owner will look at all offers.
Farm 632 Eikenhof, Portion 6
Only 100kms from Cape Town, the property comprises a restored Cape Dutch house dating to 1841, and a series of other buildings set among trees, lawns and garden on a total of 128 hectares.
The house comprises three en-suite bedrooms, a large kitchen with open fireplace, two living rooms, a secondary kitchen and laundry. Total area is 350 square meters. The rooms contain a mixture of original yellowwood floors and ceilings; and Oregon pine shutters. There is a complete set of stinkwood and yellowwood interior doors.
These include three self-catering cottages, a family suite, studio, laundry, garages and storerooms. There are two additional cottages currently used as worker accommodation.
The property has an excellent water resource from a borehole near the main house and supply from the local Water Board. A large dam provides storage capacity as well a superb recreational facility; and land is available for grazing and stabling for horses or other livestock. There is Eskom electricity supply via a 25kVa transformer; and internet connection from a local service provider. Zoning of the property is Residential 5 on approximately 10 hectares; and Agricultural 1 on the remainder. Opportunities exist for planning permission for additional dwellings to be built on the property.
The property known as Eikehof dates back to the early nineteenth century when it was known as Olifantsberg and named after the distinctive mountain that provides the backdrop to this beautiful estate. It is situated 10 minutes from the farming town of Worcester and 100 kms from Cape Town in the Breede River Valley.
The main dwelling was extended with the addition of the current gable in 1841. It has a listing in Hans Fransman's 'Old Buildings of the Cape' and was designated a National Monument in 1985 by the then Minister of Education & Culture, FW de Klerk.
The property has a dedicated borehole with a capacity of up to 15000 liters per hour, reticulated for irrigation and household purposes. Potable and irrigation water is also sourced via the property's allocation from the Olifantberg Water Board scheme. A storage dam near the main dwelling has a capacity of around 50000 liters; the main dam that supplies the property has magnificent views across the valley to the mountain range opposite and serves as a superb swimming pool.
The other buildings on the property are:
- Self-contained cottage (110 sq.m. excluding veranda), with one large bedroom and en-suite shower and toilet; large living / dining room, kitchen and second bedroom or study.
- Cottage (40 sq.m) with bedroom, shower / toilet and storeroom.
- The former stable block opposite the main house (120 sq.m) has been configured to provide a master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and a living room with adjoining kitchen. There is a veranda along the length of the building with views to the Olifanstberg and leading onto a landscaped garden with herb, vegetable and flower beds.
- Adjoining this suite is the original cattle shed and kraal, converted to provide four small rooms, shower and toilet (50 sq.m). It is suitable for use as domestic quarters or a workshop / studio space.
- The original Volkshuis has been converted to provide a charming cottage (45 sq.m) with living / kitchen area and en-suite bedroom. The cottage is surrounded by a magnificent stone wall enclosing a garden.
- Two cottages (four rooms 65 sq.m and two rooms 35 sq.m), set in their own landscaped garden at a distance from the main house, are currently used for worker accommodation and storage.
- A garage has space for three cars, with adjoin equipment stores and woodshed. There is also a large covered barn for additional car parking, fodder storage or stabling.
Three self-catering cottages, a family suite, studio, laundry, garages and storerooms.
Sign-up and receive Property Email Alerts of Farms for sale in Worcester, Worcester.
Disclaimer: While every effort will be made to ensure that the information contained within the Attorney Realtor Hub website is accurate and up to date, Attorney Realtor Hub makes no warranty, representation or undertaking whether expressed or implied, nor do we assume any legal liability, whether direct or indirect, or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information. Prospective purchasers and tenants should make their own enquiries to verify the information contained herein.